Monday, April 23, 2012

Ingnorance

I am sure most people have heard the expression ignorance is bliss. Most people that know me well would assume that I whole heartily agree with it. In some ways I like to enjoy the benefits of the expression. Though I think that it is what gets young children in the most trouble. Or at least that’s what seemed to get me in a lot of trouble, though I assure you there where other factors too. For example, it was in second grade that I first heard the expression “take a hike”. Now as most people would know that is not some thing you would, or should say to some one in higher authority then yourself. At the time I was ignorant to the fact that it was disrespectful, because it was in a story that my teacher read to the class. At the time I figured that if I heard an adult say something it must be alright to repeat. Not that “take a hike” is bad, but it is not an ideal phrase to repeat when you mom tells you to clean your room. So after learning this expression I made the mistake of trying it out on my Mom. Now I had two things going against me, first was ignorance. The second aspect is probably what got me in the most trouble. My mom misunderstood my ignorance for disrespect. I saw nothing wrong with what I just said because I had just learned the expression in school. I don’t remember the punishment that followed. It was probably more then just sitting in the corner. So what we can learn is that ignorance is not always blissful. When you learn some new expression use it on a sibling first.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you advise us to use it on another sibling before our parents :) And I wish I could have been there when you told your mom to take a hike!

    ReplyDelete