Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dilapidated Penguins

Today was the science part of our pssa's. Surprisingly enough it was not as bad as the other sections like math and reading. Though the sheer monotony of doing the same thing for 4 days has really taken its toll on me. I know this because I asked to go to the bathroom 5 times in 4 hours just to get up. Around the third time I was starting to get funny looks from the teachers, and they would stick there head into the bathroom and ask if I was ok. Most of the time I spent trying to make air planes out of toilet paper, and that doesn't work. So after making some appropriate bathroom noise to convince the teacher/babysitter I was indeed using the bathroom for the purpose that God made them for, I headed back to the testing room. Now most of my test was actually made up of environmental science questions. For some of the questions we would have to read a essay about a experiment or a scientific study of a organism or plant, then answer question pertaining to the essay. So one of the essays was about a disorder in penguins that prevented them from growing down and feathers. Just the thought of bald penguins was enough to make me crack up, but I restrained myself so that I would not disturb the 20 other kids. Now I have no idea whether this disorder actually effects penguins, but for the rest of the test all I could think of was bald penguins. Anyone who attended the test probably went home and told there parents about the weird kid that was staring in to space laughing about something. Maybe it doesn't sound funny, but if you were as bored as I was you would probably laugh at anything. When I say anything that even includes the really lame jokes the teachers tell in hopes the kids will not get too bored and turn cannibalism to entertain themselves. So as I sat in my chair, having already complete my section of the test I sat and though of vocabulary words that described bald sickly penguins. The word dilapidated crossed my mind, and I just about burst into hysterical laughter. The word dilapidated seemed funny to me. What was even more funny was dilapidated penguins are two words that are not commonly used together. Another reason I was trying to get myself to laugh because if I didn't I would have probably cried, because just before this I had used up all my supply of food and bathroom breaks. Now by this point I new I could soon leave, or at least I really hope because i had run out of synonyms for dilapidated. I had also become bored with trying to guess the original hair color of all the girls with odd colored hair. Which there seemed to be a lot of them. Finally after the teachers where satisfied that we were all done (and no one was peer pressured into finishing the test just because every one else was done) they let us out. Well the drivers could leave, which included me. The other kids that did not drive had to wait for parents, poor souls. One thing that really drives me nuts is when your in line to sign out and a girl steps in front of you. Then after a while she turns looks back at you and says "oh, did I cut in line", my first reaction is "yes you did cut in line and I would appreciate if you would haul it on back to the end of the line". Although I am to nice to do that and I let her stay where she is, but before you know it two of her friends decided to join her. This does not bother me too much because I know I will be driving away into the sunset in 2 minutes. They will probably be driving in the other direction away from the sunset making them less awesome then I am.   

9 comments:

  1. Can't you ever talk about anything normal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By normal you mean boring topics that would would not entice people to come back. If you find this blog so abnormal don't torment yourself by continuing to read it. I am sure that Abram won't want any one to be torturing themselves' by reading his blog.

      Delete
    2. I am Anonymous, the same as you.

      Delete
    3. Ummmmm this may seem like a weird question, but is the person writing all these comments talking to themselfs? If so you might want to stop before the argument escalates into something more violent. It probably wouldn't be beneficial to be caught physically fighting with yourself.

      Delete
    4. no, the first and third are me.

      Delete
    5. The second was me. I was a bit curious as to why you where commenting anonymous.

      Delete
    6. Simply because I didn't want it to be known that I was the one responsible if you were offended by what I said.

      Delete