Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Don't think pleasant thoughts

I had the privileged of reading A William Wordsworth poem for my literature course. The work they selected was called Lines written in Early Spring. Now to me that sounds like a happy joy joy kind crap that we are use to. It begins by talking about how he sat in a grove and heard thousands of blended notes. Then it gets real strange. He then states that this brings pleasant thoughts to mind, and that the pleasant thoughts bring sad thoughts. That kind of defeats the purpose of pleasant thoughts. Now I will be paranoid every time I think of puppies, rainbows, and turkeyhill ice cream. Me and these poets have something in common neither of us proof read our writing to see if it actually makes sense. So I justify myself by thinking that these guys got published and they didn't make sense, and I am not published so I must be pretty good (for a non published guy). Then to top things off Lord Bryon begins his poem Darkness by stating "I had a dream, which was not at all a dream". So what I understand is that he said all that just to inform us he didn't have a dream. Either that or contradicting ones self is common in poetry. I am sure there is some explanation for Lord Bryon's intro, but to sit and think about it is a waste of my time. So is writing this blog.

11 comments:

  1. if you consider blogging such a waste of time, why do you bother?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same reason I take a bath everyday.

      Delete
    2. that's a very good reason

      Delete
    3. but im curious...why do you take a bath everyday, and what does that have to do with blogging?

      Delete
  2. Because some of us enjoy his nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The time you waste writing this blog causes us to waste our time reading it because we can't get enough of it.

    -Samoht

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your really helping me to not think pleasant thoughts, when day after day I look at your blog and nothing new is on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave you an award! SEE MY BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait for your next post!

    -Jake

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you quit on Rick at Blueberry hill like that! That was so rude!

    ReplyDelete